As an Outreach Manager, you’ll manage a team of outreach/digital PR specialists who work at the intersection of SEO and PR. The Outreach team works with a multi-disciplinary team of talented marketers to digitally extend our brands’ reach through the creation and promotion of industry-leading content. The team builds and maintains relationships with relevant publishers, journalists, bloggers, and industry experts to promote our websites and build exposure for our brands. Your job is to see that they have the skills, tools, motivation, innovation, and strategy needed to accomplish these objectives.
You will collaborate with the Outreach Director, SEO Manager, and the individual website managers and directors to drive strategy and innovation within the outreach channel on a brand by brand and site by site level.
The Outreach Manager works to streamline outreach processes and coordinates with each of the other marketing functions to advocate for Outreach consideration and create outreach strategies that are consistent yet customized to each web property and industry.
Our ideal candidate has experience successfully conducting digital outreach- either via content promotion, traditional pitching for PR, or link building. You have an innate sense of intellectual curiosity that drives your need to be constantly learning and taking on new challenges. You’re intrinsically motivated and do what it takes reach your goals. You work well in a fast-paced team environment and enjoy creating rewarding relationships with the people that you work with. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Lead, manage, and monitor the performance of the Outreach team.
- Develop and implement a proactive Outreach/PR strategy designed to drive links, editorial coverage, referral traffic, shares, and brand awareness for our current brands and any newly acquired web properties.
- Develop goals, link targets, priorities, and provide strategic direction to team.
- Define digital PR, outreach, and link building strategies that align with the business objectives of each brand/site.
- Oversee the researching, planning, strategy, and implementation of digital PR & media relations campaigns across all affected brands.
- Edit, review and give feedback on press releases, pitches, and email templates.
- Maintain comprehensive database of targeted business and industry press contacts.
- Hold weekly 1:1s with team members.
- Help team members develop outreach-centric content and corresponding promotion plans.
- Track and report on editorial coverage, link numbers, estimated market value of links, referral traffic, coverage, and content placement.
- Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events, and opportunities to appropriate teams.
- Outreach, digital PR, journalism, writing, news production, or digital marketing experience are preferred. Our ideal candidate has experience with (and loves) managing people. That said, we believe that skills can be taught, while hustle, integrity, and initiative can't.
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- Minimum experience 3+ years in marketing with Bachelor Degree or equivalent overall business experience. Typical incumbent experience level 5+ years.
- 1+ years SEO experience
- Strong written and persuasive communication skills - mastery of the English language is key
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, efficient work habits, and overall flexibility
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment along with the ability to accept interruptions as part of the routine
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and willingness take on additional responsibility
- Proven ability to manage a diverse team excelling in identifying and capitalizing on individual contributor strengths
- Advanced SEO tool, Google Analytics, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. At Clearlink you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and create valuable content and relationships every day. We also like to reward our employees:
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
- Monthly gym subsidy