The Portent Analytics Strategist is adept at finding insights in data and working directly with small business, mid-sized, and enterprise clients, building their trust in Portent’s value. They enable and empower our search marketing teams to do better, data-driven work through building and maintaining internal tools and reporting methods.
- Build innovative reporting and insight solutions using existing internal and external tools.
- Perform analytics reviews and opportunity gap analyses with minimal oversight, including helping clients execute on prescribed recommendations.
- Migrate clients seamlessly to Google Tag Manager, including dataLayer enrichment.
- Analyze CRM data and provide recommendations on how to integrate with web analytics.
- Maintain client relationships which may include the coordination of client contact points (calls, emails, deliverables).
- Maintain excellent communication standards with all clients and keep each client well-informed regarding key performance indicator trends.
- Assist with marketing materials for Portent and the Analytics department (white papers, case studies, audits).
- Assist with continuing education for the Analytics team and other Portent employees.
- Contribute to the Analytics section of the Portent blog.
- Continuous learning in the field of search marketing and related search industry topics.
- Be a resource for the Analytics team on new ideas, strategies, and troubleshooting support for other strategists.
- Intermediate knowledge of the entire Google 360 Suite (including Analytics, Tag Manager and
- Data Studio).
- Working knowledge of non-Google analytics platforms like Adobe Analytics and third-party data visualization and reporting tools like CrazyEgg, Hotjar, Tableau and Funnel.io.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate understanding of SEO, PPC, Social Media, and Content Marketing.
- Ability to manage a diverse set of client accounts independently.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients, staff, and senior management.
- Superb time management skills.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
- Maximization of Resources
- Continuous Learning
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- S.H.I.F.T.S: Our How
- Superior skills and work product
- High EQ. We know people and their needs
- Intellectual curiosity: Learn the shit out of everything
- Fearless accountability for remarkable communications
- Teach the shit out of everything: Connect the dots
- Service. Trust & value for the industry, clients & us
2+ years of search agency experience with a focus on analytics, directly managing client accounts or comparable in-house experience.
Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience