Director of Employee Development
The Director of Employee Development is a member of the Employee Development team and plays a critical role in managing Clearlink’s organizational development strategy and works to actualize this strategy. This person will proactively act as a consultant for Senior Leaders, working closely with the Executive Team, and will collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment & buy-in of change management initiatives. They report to the VP of Human Strategy and provide strategic and tactical leadership to the Employee Development team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and results-driven environment.
The Director is responsible for the overall leadership & strategic alignment of Employee Development across the company and plays a key role in overseeing the change management initiatives to drive a high-performance culture for Clearlink. This includes providing support directed at improving Clearlink’s business results through changes to processes, systems, structure, culture, and/or ways of working. The Director is responsible for creating resources and processes to enable successful implementation of organizational development & change management initiatives. This work includes overseeing Performance & Talent Management strategies within Clearlink’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS) as well as initiatives involving employee development, new-hire onboarding, succession planning, career coaching and strategically aligning the work with all other aspects of the talent management strategy. Delivering measurable results are necessary to the success of the position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Manages and Creates Organizational Development Strategies and Processes.
- Provides leadership & direction to Employee Development Managers & their teams to ensure department performance in achieving business goals - employee development, onboarding, career coaching, etc.
- Consults with CEO/senior leaders to assess and identify business needs and provide recommendations for organization design, processes, and culture as a part of the business strategy.
- Develops solutions for specific organizational and business problems by building structures & processes to successfully manage leadership development, culture, etc.
- Provides expert training to Executive Leaders on leadership development & change management to ensure organizational performance, team effectiveness, governance practices, culture,etc.
• Uses data to provide consultation on organizational effectiveness that will close gaps from current to desired future state.
• Partners with senior leaders to ensure integration of Employee Development programs with other core organizational programs, curriculum and concepts.
- Prepares and manages budgets, as well as prepares budgetary recommendations to meet organizational goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Supports the implementation of the organization-wide employee development programs, flexibly adapting to serve multiple audiences, across multiple locations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Business, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, I/O Psychology or other related field, with relevant business, OD, change management, consulting and functional experience.
• At least 5-7 years of experience in Organizational Development, with strong knowledge of the Organizational Effectiveness, Change Management, Talent Management.
• Minimum 3 years of consulting experience with a combination of change management and organizational development expertise in a large organization.
• Exceptional Project Management skill set experience with managing multiple projects, with multiple clients simultaneously with great success.
• Demonstrated expertise in organizational design, implementing and managing culture change and transformation initiatives.
• Strong knowledge and experience in employee development and effectiveness, best practices, and applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of change management principles, practices, processes and techniques.
• Demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated strategic leadership and ability to understand the strategic context, translate organizational change implications and generate a change approach, solutions that drives the desired results.
• Demonstrated success working with and managing cross-functional teams, in identifying organizational development gaps, defining solutions, and managing the implementation with tangible results.
• Knowledge and experience in utilizing employee development models and assessment tools.
Clearlink's team of 1,300+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. At Clearlink you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and create valuable content and relationships every day. We also like to reward our employees:
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
- Monthly gym subsidy