We are a remote-first workforce because we Care Deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we leaned into the dual challenges of keeping our people safe and our business healthy. Shifting to work from home taught us how resilient, productive, and successful we are as remote workers.
Now we actively pursue remote hiring, onboarding, and employment. We are hiring remote positions in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI.
Who We’re Looking For - Sr. Data Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to be part of Clearlink’s Consumer Brands team. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative environment to build the next-generation data infrastructure for one of the fastest-growing companies in Utah. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the nation's biggest brands.
Our team is growing, and we’re seeking the driven, the ambitious, and the optimists to join us as we lead the charge to build next-generation tech stacks, applications, products, and microservices. And if you can think of something we haven’t yet, that’s a bonus.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with software engineers, project managers, and directors to make process-oriented decisions for database services.
- Develop enterprise-level back-end databases and data sets to support front end applications.
- Conduct DBA related responsibilities and duties where needed.
- Sift through PHP enabled code for process orientation.
- Hold responsibility in project life-cycles, analysis, development, implementation, support and improvement.
- Design and adhere to the best engineering practices for the Data Tribe team.
- Enable data integrity standards and discipline for company wide projects.
- Share the insights of what you’ve learned as you grow your programming skills.
What You Need
- 6+ years experience in data engineering or a demonstrated ability in the job offered from a similar position.
- Familiarity with Cloud environments such as: Heroku, AWS, GCP, and Pantheon.
- Extreme attention to detail and analytical prowess.
- Working and applicable knowledge of database management (DBA), including various database functionality including, but not limited to: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, and Columnar style Analytical databases.
- RDBMS experience in defining, organizing, and creating data sets that are scalable.
- Knowledge and experience with slowly changing dimensions.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems associated with production grade large scale data processing workflows.
- Experience in working with JSON data structures, or parent / child oriented relationships.
- Ability to work with Python for data processing and cleansing from various sources.
- Some working knowledge of CLI based settings; This includes using SSH, CMD, and BASH.
- Experience in designing and architecting source system databases, analytical databases, and micro services data marts.
- High proficiency in written and verbal technical communication.
- Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, a closely related degree, or a boot / coding camp certification.
- A strong desire to learn from and teach others.
- Agile Methodology knowledge.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, service-oriented architecture, and high-availability architecture.
- Team-based mentality to achieve goals and projects.
- Github or SourceControl usage capability in a team environment.
- Some DevOps knowledge.
More About Clearlink
Clearlink is an award-winning tech-enabled global media company. We help people find, buy, and use products and services that improve their everyday lives. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by our values: Conquer Challenges, Care Deeply, Be an Owner, Seek Diverse Perspectives, and Fight for the User. When you come to work with Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that solve problems, show up for each other, take accountability, listen to others, and put the user at the center of strategy.
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose
- anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Paid sabbaticals for 5 year and 10 year work anniversaries
- Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.